1866 architect Dmitriyev designed the project, and construction began in 1884. Construction was led by Swiss Leman.
From 1804 onwards. there was a parish school. Vicar of Grinkiškis Vincentas Moisiejus 1863 went out in rebellion and disappeared without knowledge.
Church in 1944 burnt down, tops of towers collapsed. With the concern of pastor Michael Gobby in 1947. rebuilt.
Former governors, priests and a prominent parishioner are buried in the churchyard. The churchyard is surrounded by a stone fence.