It’s a renaissance church, with Latin cross plan and annexes. It has 2 low towers and 6 turrets. Inside is of 3 naves covered with cylindrical vaults. There are 5 altars. Characteristics of the church are of Renaissance architectural style: symmetry, geometric horizontal lines, moderate décor.
The first wooden church was built by Kotryna Mykoliene, the owner of Linkuva Manor, around the year 1500.
In 1635, the Samogitian bishop Jurgis Tiskevicius, gave Linkuva church with a parsonage and about 30 Wallach of land to the Carmelites. In 1661 Carmelites built on 2 towers to the church and installed 7 altars.
The wooden Carmelite monastery was built in 1689. The renovated and rebuilt church was consecrated in 1745.
Linkuva has long been known for the fest of the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary - patron saint of the Church. The Feast lasted all week (July 16-23).
Linkuva Church belongs to the richest art sanctuaries in Lithuania, because of its extremely ornate altars and abundant artwork.